Research Interns are employed for a 12-week period to provide essential support to the teams that produce ECA’s wide range of products and services relating to global mobility. Interns will take part in the analysis of more than 480 cities around the world and are responsible for researching, verifying and processing large volumes of data.
We are now recruiting interns for the period of 17 August – 6 November OR 24 August – 13 November.
Research Interns will be assigned to work in one or more of the following areas of production:
- Administration and analysis of ECA’s cost of living survey which monitors price changes for 170 items of everyday expenditure including food and drink, personal goods and services, clothing and electrical goods.
- Researching accommodation costs and assessing the suitability of properties for expatriates. Analysing changes in average property prices and researching changes in market conditions that may account for these differences.
- Investigating the suitability and costs of a wide range of expatriate benefits such as international schools, company cars and sports clubs.
- Researching the costs of business trip expenditure such as hotels, taxis and flights.
- Assisting with other surveys and projects as required.
If you have the following qualities, we'd like to hear from you:
- Excellent level of numeracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A collaborative mentality
- Process driven
- Ability to take responsibility
- Customer focused
- Solid attention to detail
- Proven research skills
- Initiative and problem-solving skills
- An international outlook
Candidates should be educated to degree standard and be proficient in the use of MS Word and Excel. The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate a good understanding of global current affairs and world geography.
Why work for us?
Internships are a stepping-stone towards a permanent position at ECA and many interns have gone on to join us in permanent Research Analyst and International Data Researcher roles. If we are recruiting to fill vacancies for permanent positions at the end of the internship period, we will be seeking to fill them with successful Research Interns.
Our research roles provide a foundation on which to build a career in research and analysis, global mobility and many other professional disciplines, including tax, talent and reward.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic all ECA employees, including interns, are currently required to work from home. It is unclear at this stage when we will return to working in our central London office, so interns should be prepared for both eventualities. You will need to have your own computer and a good internet connection to carry out the internship remotely.
£21,500 including bonus per annum (pro-rated). The bonus is 10% of annual salary (pro-rated) and is paid at the end of the contract, provided the contract has been completed in full. This equates to an annual salary of £19,350 (pro-rated) and a bonus of £496 (gross) paid at the end of the contract; the amount of £496 is the full amount and is not pro-rated. Salary is paid monthly in arrears.
The closing date for applications is 19 July 2020.
£21,500 per annum pro rata (inc. completion bonus)