The number of "permanent transfers" is on the rise as a proportion of all international moves.
Permanent transfers have a higher risk of assignment failure, however, often because companies are focussed on cost savings and other considerations haven't been adequately addressed.
Cyril will discuss issues including:
- Trends and challenges
- Calculation of salaries and policy on relocation assistance and benefits
- Phase out of benefits and allowances
- Difference between employee- and company-initiated transfers
Cost management - optimising global mobility costs
Global Mobility teams often face calls from management to reduce or contain costs and find simpler ways to address international mobility needs without negatively impacting long-term business strategy. So, how can you identify opportunities for potential cost-saving and efficiency gains to achieve this?
Neerav will look at key areas where companies can better manage and optimise mobility costs, ensuring policies and packages are competitive while continuing to attract talent:
- Understanding the full cost implication of your GM programme
- Optimising the determination and delivery of assignment compensation & benefits
- Controlling the costs: dealing with exchange rate volatility
- Mobility programme administration and exceptions management
Open forum: your mobility challenges and interests
An opportunity to raise and discuss challenges or questions with other mobility professionals and ECA. Pre-submit your questions or ask them on the day.