ECA's rigorous cost of living methodology has been developed over more than 50 years.
We use a multi-source approach for collecting data, comprising a dedicated team of International Data Researchers, field research companies and expatriates working for client companies. This ensures both extensive coverage and reliable, representative results.
Surveys are undertaken twice-yearly and more frequently for locations experiencing high inflation.
Cost of living data is available from ECA in several forms: as part of subscription in a calculator which allows you to experiment with different types of index and review the outputs; in reports, providing background detail for specific indices; and as part of the Build-up Calculator for performing balance-sheet calculations. Cost of living data is also pre-populated in ECAEnterprise, our Assignment Management System, and in our Net-to-Net Calculator.
- Three index types to reflect different assignee spending patterns
- A variety of customisable indices enables you to get the best fit for your company’s policy
- City and country level options
- Full background information and explanations provided, including notes on quality and availability of goods
- Country-specific spendable data based on government expenditure surveys enable accurate COLA calculations for all family sizes and incomes